13 August 2012

Cute-bicle

Hey girls!

So, as most of you know (or... maybe you don't?), I have spent the last 7-8 months of my young adult life working full-time. I work in an office, and, to that end, I sit in a cubicle.

I don't like my cubicle. It's a reddish-tan desk with icky greige (grey/beige) carpeted walls. On its own, it's a nasty looking mess. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same position, so I have devised some ways for all of us to cute-up our workspaces.


I started by finding some colourful and adorable wallpapers for my computer. I used wallpaperswide.net to find the ones I use, and my coworkers compliment me on them pretty frequently. I change my wallpaper up a lot, which I also find helps.


The next thing I did, was I found myself a really cute bag (or... bags) that I use to take my things back and forth to work in. I generally leave my bag on my desk, and, because of its pretty pastel pink colour, helps to bring some more life into my space.

I found some other examples of pretty, yet office-appropriate bags for you to take inspiration from. They are from an assortment of places, and the prices vary - you can find cute laptop bags at Wal-Mart, too - they don't all have to be Coach or another luxury brand.


The next thing I did was bring in photographs of my friends and family so that I am surrounded by people who make me happy at work (other than my co-workers, of course!). This allows me to feel more positive, particularly when I am feeling stressed out.

I just stuck mine to the wall of my cubicle, but I also think it's a cute idea to bring in some pretty and colourful picture frames that fit your personal taste. T-Pins are not everyone's cup of tea!


Last but not least, I would suggest bringing in some of your own office supplies and storage. Don't go crazy about this - most offices will supply you with some storage, but you might want to consider adding in a few things here and there that, again, fit your style and make you happy! I love things that are floral, and nature-inspired. I also seem to have a thing for owls.

Cute pens and pencils will also help - you can use their cuteness to influence your mood, which will influence your work!

When my office is finished its renovations, I will be following through with my own advice! You can also use these tips for your desk at home, if you are still in school - I know I always used cute school supplies while I was doing school - they really do make me feel better, particularly when I'm bored!

What do you think? Will you be using any of these tips for your work or your school work?

xo,

- A.

No comments:

Post a Comment