24 August 2012

Fall Colours #1!

Hello Darlings!

Remember in my last post I said I was going to do a whole run of posts about fall colours? Consider that promise, kept - at least for now. ;-)

A Fall colour refresher course - here is what I am working from:



I've got 2 outfit ideas for you that, I think, are fairly dressy. That said, I would still wear them on a day-to-day basis, because I think they're adorable.

The first is as follows:

I am in love with the vintage-y vibe of the lace dress and cloche hat - the military-inspired jacket pulls on another fall trend, so you get a bit of a fall fashion double-whammy. I love the unexpected punch that the glitter loafers give, too. I kept the bag classic - I love the satchel style, and the earrings add an unexpected splash of colour. Particularly if you leave your hair down under the hat, the earrings will poke out once in a while, quite literally giving you a pop of colour.

The colours I used here are the beautiful Olympic Blue, Ultramarine Green, and Rose Smoke. They make a gorgeous colour combination - especially since the rose can be used as a pseudo-neutral. I kept the majority of the rest of the outfit neutral to allow the colours to play off of one another in the best way possible.

The second outfit I have for you is still girlie, but not so vintage-y. I kept this one a lot more modern for those of you who are not into lace and over-the-top feminine detailing.


In this case, I pulled from the peplum trend for the top, which is also in Olympic Blue. I live in Canada, which means it gets cold - we needed a cardigan here, because short sleeves just will not cut it. I chose a cute fitted cardigan in Honey Gold - the blue and gold go nicely together, and each helps the other stand out. I went with another satchel-style bag - I think I may have an obsession - and kept the jewelry pretty simple. The shoes, however, are not simple. I chose Union Jack-inspired flats to pull some of the blue down into the outfit a bit more. I've also had newly discovered relatives from the UK come to town (Hello Gordon & Kathy if you are ever reading this!), so I think this may have influenced my decision slightly.

I am so excited to come up with round two of these colour-inspired outfit posts! I had a ton of fun with this one, and I hope you all have fun reading it!

Let me know what you think in the comments?

xo,

- A.

No comments:

Post a Comment