25 July 2012

Lace-y Love

Hey girls!


As given in evidence by this blog, I totally LOVE girlie things... as if you didn't already know that! As a result, I totally adore lace. I don't think that lace is just for summer, or just for winter. The two outfits I am about to present to you can be worn now, when it's hotter than hot, and later, with some extra layers and whatnot so you don't freeze to death! (For goodness sake, please do not become my reader-cicles!!)


The first look is as follows:


This look is VERY vintage-inspired. It may have something to do with my current obsession with historical fiction novels... but that is a post for later. This is now. The dress is entirely a beautiful cream/blush toned lace, so I tried to centre the accessories around it. I used a cute 1920's inspired cloche hat with a pretty flower detail, and the vintage cameo ring and oxford booties to keep that vintage vibe going. I threw it off just a bit by using the modern flower ring, bib necklace, and studded bag. The ring and necklace keep you from being overly "Downton Abbey," and the studded bag adds some necessary edge - you won't look like you're playing dress-up in your Granny's closet when you add these accessories.

It is super easy to warm this outfit up for the cooler months that are coming (can you believe how quick this summer has gone by?) by adding some dark, opaque tights, and a cardigan, blazer, or even a leather jacket.


The second outfit I've come up with for you girls is a lot more casual than the first. I love the lace tank, which you can (sort of) see has a cute keyhole detail in the back. Because lace can look a bit fussy, I tried to find some less-fussy accessories to tone the whole thing down.

I kept it a bit girlie with the earrings and pearl bracelet, but the slightly distressed jeans, studded shoes, and stacked friendship-type bracelets keep the outfit cute and casual. I also love the scalloped hem on the top - the bit of jeans and skin peeking through is a bit sexy, too.

To winterize this outfit, simply add a jacket on top. You could even swap the loafers for some boots if it's really cold.


I hope this post encourages you to try out some lace next time you get dressed! I love lace, and as you can see, it doesn't have to be stuffy and really frou-frou girlie - you can toughen it up significantly if you add just the right accessories.

Let me know what you think!

Hope you're all having a great day.

xoxo,

- A.

No comments:

Post a Comment