6 May 2012

What's In My Bag?

Hi Girls!

Okay, so obviously I win the prize for most inconsistent blogger ever. But, I'm trying. Obviously the April Photo-A-Day thing was a huge fail, but I hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted! Today, I have for you a new post - I used to LOVE the InStyle Blog's "What's in Her Purse" feature - probably because I'm a nosy person and I love to see what other girls keep in their bags. The "What's in My Purse" Videos are also my favourites to watch on YouTube as well. 

So, because my web provider will no longer allow me to upload videos to YouTube, I will be doing mine blog-style. 

To begin, I would like to introduce you all to Tommy. 


Tommy is my new bag-bff. I purchased him at Winners at a discount - I cannot pass up a good discount! (No, really… It's a legitimate problem) Anyway, Tommy is a white Tommy Hilfiger Shoulder Tote - I have been carrying this bag EVERYWHERE - to work, after work, the whole business. As much as I love  my tiny bags, sometimes you just need a bag that will hold your entire life in it. I like my giant bag. 

This is what is in my giant bag on a regular basis - sometimes I take a few things out and leave them at home, but this is most often what the contents of my bag look like:


Obviously, being as how the bag is huge, there's a lot of stuff in there. I do carry it back and forth to work, so that's where some of the "my whole life is in my bag" things come from. I am going to go through and list everything that is in my bag - starting on the far left, and just going around to the opposite side.

1. Reuseable Water Bottle
2. 5 Cobalt Gum (it's Peppermint)
3. Bath & Body Works Hawaii Coconut Body Lotion
4. A Watch
5. A travel pack of tissues from Shopper's Drug Mart
6. My agenda
7. iPod Nano 16Gb & headphones
8. My house keys with a small USB Flash Drive and a Mini Hand Sanitizer from Bath & Body Works
9. An EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint
10. My little makeup bag (I'm going to go through that specifically for you)
11. Bath & Body Works Hawaii Coconut Body Spray (my FAVOURITE Summer Scent!!)
12. A pack of bobby pins from the dollar store
13. My phone (A Blackberry Torch 9800)
14. A travel hairbrush 
15. My little wallet/card case (I try not to carry a huge wallet to work - I'd rather not risk it getting lost)
16. Pens
17. A little bottle of tylenol
18. My sunglasses
19. My regular glasses

And that's it! Obviously there's a lot of stuff in there - and it can be heavy sometimes (like when my water bottle isn't totally empty). 

I do keep a small makeup bag in my purse for touch-ups, because my makeup very rarely lasts for the full day - I put it on at about 6:30 in the morning, and it doesn't come off until after 11 at night most nights. I don't think it matters how long the company says the product will last - no makeup can last 17 hours without touch-ups.

So, this is what's in my makeup bag:

1. Lip glosses from NARS - 3 of these are the "Larger than Life" glosses, which are basically liquid lipstick, and the fourth is just a regular gloss in Ophelia (my absolute favourite)
2. Nail Clippers
3. Tiny hair elastics
4. Random loose bobby pins
5. A Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in 01 (Black)
6. A sample of Mac's Zoom Lash 
7. 2 Goody Spin Pins
8. A NARS concealer in Vanilla
9. A mini powder brush and eyebrow/eyelash comb
10. A little swiss-army-ish nail file (it's also a little knife and a bottle-opener)
11. Some regular hair-ties of the non-slip variety
12. Mac Prep + Prime Pressed Powder
13. Maybelline Babylips in Quenched
14. A Swarovski Crystal encrusted Hello Kitty mirror
15. 3 Band-Aids

Again, a lot of stuff in a small space. But, a necessary evil for a girly-girl such as myself!

So, that is the run-down of everything that is currently in my purse. As I said, sometimes things get taken out, or even added in, depending on the event - but that's the basics. 

I hope you are all having a great day or night, depending when you read this, and I shall blog at you again soon!

xoxo,

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment