27 June 2012

Haul!

Hey Darlings!

This is just a quick haul of some drugstore products I picked up on a recent Wal-Mart trip.

There have been a lot of really excellent new products released recently, and I was really excited to pick some of them up to try!


This is a look an overview of what I bought. The the lipstick in the orange tube is by Revlon, the cream shadow and mascara are by Maybelline, and the lipgloss and dark packaged lipstick are by Rimmel London. 

The mascara that I bought is the new Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express. I bought it in the shade Blackest Black (as I do with all of my mascaras), but I was not able to pick up the waterproof version. My Wal-Mart was sadly sold out! 

The formula of the mascara is supposed to be thickening, and more of a gel consistency than normal mascara. So far, it's not my favourite, but I certainly don't hate it.

I like that the brush is really wiggly at the base. It's useful for getting all of your lashes from the root to tip. I find it's a bit clumpy on my lashes sometimes, but I haven't used it enough to really pass judgement.

I'll do another post later on to give you my full review, I swear. 

The next thing I picked up was the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze (#25)

I have a few of these shadows already, and I had been on the hunt for Bad to the Bronze since - most everywhere I had looked was sold completely out! I have really been loving warm tones on my eyes this summer so far - they really bring the gold fleck out. (My eyes are a very odd shade of brown that can sometimes look green, and other times yellow, depending on the day and time)

I was so pleased to find this, and I am really enjoying it. :-) These shadows work amazingly on their own, and under other shadows!

Next, I bought 3 Lip products:


The first, is this Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruiti.  Honestly, I think these lip butters were massively over-hyped. I like the colour of this, but I wouldn't say it's particularly nourishing or hydrating. Honestly, it feels like any other lipstick I own, and I find to make sure my lips are really hydrated, I have to put a lip balm underneath it. I'll be having a solid think before I purchase any more of these. I'm not in love with this at the minute, as pretty as it is.


Next, are two lip products from Rimmel London - a lipgloss from their Vinyl Gloss line, and a lipstick from their Moisture Renew line.

The gloss is in the shade Fashion Fanatic, and is not sticky, and a really pretty coral colour. I'm liking this, as I have enjoyed products in this range before. I will, as promised, do an individual review on each of these, after I have had a chance to use them for a bit longer.


The lipstick is another from a line I have enjoyed previously. I am enjoying corals on the lips this summer, so I chose the shade 600 - Soft Coral.


And finally, the moment you have all been waiting for... swatches!


Clockwise from Top left: Lipstick in Soft Coral, Lipgloss in Fashion Fanatic, Cream Shadow in Bad to the Bronze, Lip Butter in Tutti Fruiti.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

If you have any product recommendations for me, leave them in the comments below! :-)

xoxo,

- A.






No comments:

Post a Comment